Saturday, February 21, 2015

My Secret to Removing Eye Makeup

Have you struggled late at night, removing layers of waterproof mascara when all you want to do is go to bed? Do you hate getting little fluffys from cotton rounds stuck in your eyelashes? Is removing makeup the most tedious part of your routine? If so, I have the perfect soultion for you!

Coconut Oil

For the past few months I have been using coconut oil to removed my heavy eye makeup and it has done wonders for me. I could never find a makeup remover that would remove the stubborn waterproof mascara and liquid liner for me, so after seeing some posts on pinterest with the oil method, I decided I would give it a go. 

This is the coconut oil I use for myself 
Tip: Make sure you are using virgin coconut oil. Mine is also organic but you just want to make sure it is in it's purest form. 

So, I start by getting a pea sized amount of the oil on my fingertips and I start massaging it onto my eye lids. 

To tackle the mascara mess, I use the oil on my fingertips and use a "rolling" method down my eyelashes. if you are gentle enough, you shouldn't have eyelashes coming out either. 

After that, I proceed with my cleansing routine and voila! 


Benefits of using Coconut Oil: 
  • affordable
  • mositurizes eye area
  • breaks down makeup quickly 
  • shortens nightime routine 

This oil method I also great or removing lip stains. Coconut oil is often used to cook with, so it is edible, therefore, nothing harmful is going around your mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment